Friday, September 25, 2009

The start of a new year!

Well, with the start of a new school year comes a new mandate: I'm now required to update my blog regularly as a part of my supervised ministry!

I'm working as an intern in Worship and Preaching as well as Outreach at Bound Brook Presbyterian Church. Check it out at www.bbpc.org!

At present, I know I'm preaching on Sept 12 (ok, yes, that already happened), both Sunday services on Oct. 11th, and again on Nov. 14th. And I think I'll be hopping into worship for the occasional liturgy and Children's Sermon too. On Wednesdays I'm watering the planted seed of a Mother's Group and ESL class starting at 10am. We'll do 45 minutes of parenting concerns and then another 45 minutes of English as a Second Language. This program is in conjunction with our hosted chuch Casa del Banquete, but the program is open to the whole community AND free of charge (ok, the language class is $10 for materials, but that's pretty darn close to free). This program is slated for a start-up of 6 weeks, after which time we'll reconsider what and how we want to move forward.

I'm really excited about it all! So the next post I'll have is the sermon I gave on Sept. 12th. I might be reusing a portion of it for the Oct. 11th sermon, maybe. I haven't decided yet. But here's to resuming a regular updating schedule!

Love,
Marie

1 comment:

Marie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.